Why choose a telehandler?
To maximise productivity while saving time and resources on construction sites and farms, it is important to choose high-performance, sturdy, innovative and multi-functional vehicles, such as telehandlers. The popularity of these vehicles has soared in recent years thanks to their ability to carry out tasks that normally require multiple vehicles to perform. The game-changer is the telescopic boom, which can reach great heights and operate even in the tightest spaces, as well as the many compatible accessories that make this vehicle extremely versatile.
Let’s find out why it makes sense to choose a telehandler for your company, and how to make the most of the innovation and performance that this vehicle offers.
What is a telehandler?
A telehandler is a multi-purpose vehicle that is mostly used in industries such as construction, agriculture, mining and emergency services. Its structure enables it to reach considerable heights, operate efficiently in confined environments or atypical situations, and handle large quantities of material, even with particularly tight deadlines and intense work cycles.
A telehandler consists of:
- the vehicle body, which includes the chassis, four-wheel drive system and engine;
- the cab, which is designed to offer comfort and safety to the operator;
- the telescopic boom, which is extremely strong and powerful;
- the hydraulic coupler, located at the end of the boom, for attaching different accessories such as forks, baskets, buckets, lifting hooks, winches, extension trestles with hook, bale clamps, bale spikes and many others.
Telehandlers can be divided into three main groups:
- Fixed telehandlers, equipped with front lift. The boom is capable of vertical movement only, rising up or down from the anchor point;
- Articulated telehandlers, with a centrally positioned boom for maximum visibility and handling This is the best solution to achieve a wide range of manoeuvres and even reach confined areas;
- Rotary telehandlers with a continuous rotation and 400° non-continuous rotation. This type of telehandler is ideal for lifting, handling and transporting large loads on construction sites.
The main advantages of buying or renting a telehandler include:
- Convenience: thanks to a vast range of accessories, a telehandler can perform various operations in place of other vehicles;
- Reliability and security: innovative technological solutions enable the operator to work even in adverse conditions;
- High manoeuvrability, including on uneven or rough terrain;
- Productivity and efficiency, even in the most demanding and repetitive tasks;
- Maximum versatility, thanks to a broad and comprehensive range for every lifting and transport need.
To help companies identify the most suitable telehandler for their needs, DIECI has developed various lines that vary in terms of size, load capacity, height and innovative systems. This way, DIECI provides access to a vehicle that is perfectly in tune with the user’s needs whatever the sector of use, from construction to agriculture.
Telehandlers for construction
One of the main sectors benefitting from the versatility of telehandlers is the construction sector, where fixed, articulated and rotary telehandlers are used for positioning, moving and lifting people or materials. In addition to offering high power output and load capacity, the vehicles can be fitted with specialised utensils to adapt to specific activities and thereby replace forklifts, aerial platforms (using work baskets) and cranes (using the lifting hook or winch).
Construction telehandlers provide further benefits:
- Their long outreach enables them to reach great lengths and heights. With the new DIECI Pegasus Elite, for example, the telescopic boom extends to 35 metres.
- The rotating turret ensures an operational coverage of over 2300 m2.
- Thanks to the lateral positioning of the boom and the technological solutions implemented, maximum visibility is assured in all operating conditions. Working with total safety and control of the vehicle even on construction sites with a complex structure.
- The self-levelling outriggers, help to provide stability even on rough and uneven terrain.
Finally, the standout features of DIECI construction telehandlers are their safety and reliability, the result of major innovation and design work carried out by the Research and Development department. One important example of this work is the Easy Tech System, a new system mounted on Pegasus telehandlers which provides electronic quality equal to that offered by the automotive sector, simplifying work and increasing performance.
Telehandlers for agriculture
On farms, telehandlers have become the go-to solution for carrying, lifting and positioning loads.
Using this vehicle in the agricultural sector offers countless benefits, by simplifying work cycles and substituting other vehicles on the farm, such as:
- conventional tractor with front lift, expanding on its range of uses
- wheel loaders, guaranteeing greater lift height thanks to the telescopic boom
Currently the best example of DIECI innovation in the agricultural sector is undoubtedly the Agri Max Power X2, the first telehandler in the world to adopt HVT-1 technology. With Power Split technology, the vehicle meets the sector’s demand for optimised performance, allowing a travel speed of up to 50 km/h, while avoiding fuel waste and maximising productivity.
Choosing a DIECI telehandler for your construction site or farming business is a great investment that will save you both time and resources. These are versatile, innovative and robust solutions that adapt to each sector, offering practical solutions which meet the increasing need for first-class performance.