Rotating or fixed telehandler: how to choose the right telehandler
In recent years, telehandlers have become increasingly used on construction sites, in agriculture, quarries and mines, and in the emergency sector. The strength of this vehicle is its great versatility, which has made it indispensable for resource-efficient and safe work. It is important to know how to choose the most suitable telehandler for each sector in order to exploit the full potential of this incredible vehicle.
Why should users choose a telehandler?
Telehandlers are multi-purpose vehicles that are perfect for lifting, handling and positioning large loads, even at great heights. The fact that they can be equipped with different accessories, depending on the purpose of use, allows them to be extremely versatile and essential in meeting the different tasks of a construction site or an agricultural business.
The main reasons for buying or renting a telehandler include:
- Convenience, as many different operations can be carried out on the same site or business with just one telehandler;
- Large lifting and transport capacity. DIECI construction telehandlers have a maximum load capacity of up to 23000 kg and a lifting height of up to 17.8m;
- The ability to avoid obstacles, overcome barriers and reach even the most difficult places;
- Safety and reliability even in the most adverse conditions, maintaining balance and stability even on sloping, uneven, mountainous or icy terrain.
Fixed vs. rotating telehandlers
Telehandlers are not all the same. The high demand for increasingly high-performance, practical, complete and versatile vehicles has resulted in the design and manufacture of telehandlers capable of adapting to different sectors and environments.
Telehandlers are classified into:
- Fixed, with front lifting only, which makes them indispensable especially in the construction and agricultural sectors;
- Articulated, characterized by an articulated chassis and a centrally positioned boom to ensure excellent handling and precision;
- Rotating, with 360° continuous and 400° non-continuous rotation, particularly suitable for difficult or risky sites.
Construction and agriculture: DIECI fixed telehandlers
In construction and agriculture, it is important to use versatile and safe vehicles that can respond quickly to unforeseen events and are also an excellent long-term investment. Fixed telehandlers stand out for their completeness and versatility, meeting an ever-growing demand for high-performance, intuitive and safe vehicles.
DIECI telehandlers are a winning solution in the construction industry because:
- They lift, move and handle large loads or people, simplifying work and optimizing time;
- They offer wide visibility thanks to the boom placed on the side, guaranteeing attention and safety;
- They can be fitted with different equipment allowing them to adapt to different machines, such as an aerial platform through the man basket or a crane when equipped with a lifting hook or winch;
- Their maximum load capacity is 23,000 kg;
- They allow a maximum lifting height of up to 17.8m;
- They are simple, reliable and safe for the operator, also because of a comfortable cab and intuitive controls.
In the agricultural sector, where it is essential to respect the timing of the various work phases and use fast, high-performance vehicles, DIECI fixed telehandlers:
- they replace traditional tractors and are able to lift, move and position large loads easily, even in small spaces;
- with their telescopic boom, they can reach greater distances and heights, loading dumpers and stacking bales easily;
- they can be equipped with buckets, forks, clamp for big bales, bale spikes, power take-offs and other essential tools for efficient work;
- they reach 7m of maximum lifting height;
- their maximum load capacity is 7500 kg.
Fixed telehandlers are the perfect solution for customers looking for excellent operability and speed when moving people and materials, even during a continuous and repetitive work cycle.
Pegasus, the DIECI rotating telehandler
Within the wide range of DIECI telehandlers, Pegasus is one of the best performing solutions, demonstrating to be an excellent choice for sectors such as construction, quarrying, mining and emergency. Especially versatile, this vehicle can replace a variety of equipment, such as cranes and aerial platforms. It simplifies work and optimizes resources, ensuring ease of use, strength, reliability and safety equipment.
Among the main features that make the Pegasus range an essential rotating telehandler for any construction site are:
- continuous 360° rotation on all vehicles, and non continuous 400° rotation, on the Pegasus 40.16 – 400° and Pegasus 40.18 – 400° models;
- Outrigger with automatic leveling function and electric CAN-bus control system, to work in any position, even in the most inaccessible environments. This is provided by a technology that allows accurate analysis in real time, with in-depth diagnostics ensuring total control and operational safety;
- Automatic reversal of drive controls, which makes it possible to travel even with a 180° rotated turret. Another DIECI feature that guarantees maximum operability of its rotating telehandlers even in confined working areas;
- Comfortable cab with smart navigation system for easy and intuitive control of the main vehicle functions;
- Maximum load capacity of 6000kg in the continuous rotation range and 4000kg in the non-continuous rotation models;
- Maximum lifting height of 29.6m and 18m in the 400° rotation range.
The DIECI Pegasus family of rotary telehandlers is the ideal solution for users looking for a vehicle suitable for special contexts, emergencies, construction sites and renovations.